Be the Catalyst
Our move to Pier 15 has transformed the Exploratorium forever. But it’s just a beginning.
With your generous support, the Exploratorium can dramatically expand the reach of its world-renowned exhibits, educational and professional-development programs, and research efforts worldwide. The net result: a profound advancement in fostering a global culture of inquiry.
As a member of the Chairman’s Circle, you join a distinguished group of leading Exploratorium patrons. In appreciation of your significant annual gift, you will enjoy premium recognition of your support and exclusive privileges when you visit the Exploratorium, including complimentary parking, priority access to museum programs and thought leaders, as well as personalized concierge services.
- Experience a customized opportunity for exclusive recognition with an Exploratorium program and enjoy a preview reception for the program.
Plus all benefits listed below.
- Learn more about our new home at Pier 15 and our new programs at a private lunch with the Executive Director and Exploratorium leadership.
- Have the opportunity to be recognized at an Exploratorium program and enjoy a preview reception for the program.*
Plus the benefits listed below.
- Receive complimentary and guaranteed parking at a dedicated lot when you visit the museum.
- Have the opportunity to host a private event in the City View Room at a mutually agreed upon time.
- Attend special programs and events for Chairman’s Circle donors.
- Receive preferred access to the Museum Rentals Calendar for your rental events.
- Participate in discussions with Exploratorium scientists and artists about emerging issues in art, science, and current events. Gatherings will be at Pier 15 as well as visits to important research facilities and art collections—nearby locations not often open to visitors.
Plus Catalyst Circle benefits.
As a donor in the Catalyst Circle, your annual gift ignites learning and curiosity for visitors, educators, and our community. You and your family will enjoy premium access to the Exploratorium at Pier 15 as well as exclusive opportunities to connect with thought leaders and discover new ideas in art and science.
- Receive an invitation to the Director’s Dinner, where you will exchange ideas with experts and thought leaders at our annual review of the year’s most exceptional advances in art and science.
- Enjoy an evening reception and tour of the Exploratorium’s latest arts installation with a visiting Artist in Residence.
Plus benefits listed below.
- Attend private lunches with Exploratorium leaders, including senior staff, scientists, artists, and visiting thought leaders in our Osher Fellows and Artist-In-Residence programs.
- Receive invitations to exclusive preview receptions for new exhibitions and tours of the Exploratorium with gallery directors.
Plus benefits listed below.
- Enjoy guaranteed parking privileges at a reduced rate at the Levi’s Plaza garage when you visit the museum.
- Have concierge services available when you visit the Exploratorium, including group visits, special insider tours and advance event ticket purchase.
- Receive invitations to exclusive events and programs for Catalyst Circle Donors, including the Family Fling.
- Have access to the City View Room for select programs where you will enjoy complimentary refreshments and mingle with scientists, artists, and experts.
- Preview exhibitions and works-in-progress at private receptions with artists, curators, and senior scientists.
- Receive priority access to Exploratorium programs and learning opportunities, including classes and camps.
Plus Innovator level benefits.
In addition to all the benefits of membership, you will enjoy the following:
- Receive express admission to the museum through the Front Desk.
- Have unlimited access to the Exploratorium with your VIP membership card, plus two guest passes to share. You may bring up to 10 guests each time you visit.
- Enjoy complimentary access to adult-only happy hours on Thursday evenings.
- Have access to exclusive areas in the Exploratorium, including the City View Room, a lounge and meeting space for Exploratorium leaders and donors, the Richard and Rhoda Goldman Fund Member’s Room, and the Learning Commons, a private reading room for adult guests.
- Receive reduced parking rate at the Levi’s Plaza garage when you visit the museum.
- Be recognized on our Annual Donor Wall and in Explore, our quarterly members’ publication.
- Receive an invitation to the State of the Exploratorium, an annual meeting with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Explore new exhibits during special hours for donors and their families.
- Receive priority invitations to the most popular Exploratorium events, including the annual Gala Dinner and Science of Cocktails.
- Be among the first to receive breaking news about exhibitions, new exhibits, and expeditions; access special online content from the Exploratorium collections.